Friday, June 10, 2011

Nature, shopping, good friends, and a much anticipated blessing!

The past couple of days have held such great things! One of my best friends came down yesterday and we took a little photography/hiking adventure out to the Kaweah Oaks Preserve, a beautiful conservation area of fields, trees, berry bushes, rushing streams, as well as a roaming group of cattle whose company we shared for a time. 
 L capturing some of the beautiful surroundings.
 I want to find my way into this glorious tree/vine combination, it looks like it contains a beautiful little world of its own. Reminds me of one of my favorite childhood movies, Ferngully.
 The wild berries were delicious, we were a bit sad that more weren't ready to pick.
I got to spend a lovely day with L exploring the beauty of nature, revisiting an old high school lunch time haunt, and catching up over tea and a scrumptious lavender cookie. And while we wandered around shops in the small town down the road I got a much anticipated phone call about a job opportunity and I'm stoked to say that I start next week!!
As a self-congratulatory gift I went shopping at Anthropologie today (gotta have a nice new top for my first day, right!?!) and definitely spent a little more than anticipated, but I would say without a doubt that it was completely worth it. Here are some of my wonderful finds that can all be found at Anthropologie:
 I love this top, because even though it is very flattering and flow-y looking, it is fitted perfectly to the body.
 I don't wear hats very often, but I think it is because I haven't found one this cute!! I've already planned outfits around it.
 Have you ever seen the Beekman Boys on Planet Green? Well, it is one of my favorite shows and their farm is absolutely inspirational to me, so when I found their soaps at Anthro I just had to have them!! I bought Spring and Summer and they smell divine!
I willed myself out of buying these breezy and wonderful pants, but I am so in love with them that I have a feeling I will end up buying them soon!
Two amazing days are coming to an end and the weekend hasn't even begun! I'm going to try to make the most out of my few days before I start my new job, the hours are going to be a little tough to adjust to, but truly..who cares!! I have a job, with good pay and benefits, what more could I ask for!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment