Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer has come!

The heat of summer has begun, and although I am not too happy about it, the garden sure is. So I thought I would give a little picture update as to how everything is doing.
 My succulents are even starting to grow little babies. I love these plants! What else in life requires so little care yet grows and maintains its beauty so wonderfully!?!
 I am so intrigued by the eggplant stems and flowers, they have an almost alien-like appearance.
 This little baby is one of our heirloom tomatoes that I am so excited for!! A little longer in this upper 90s heat and we will have hundreds on tomatoes ready to pick (and I'm not kidding, all of the tomato plants are full of green tomatoes just waiting to rippen)
 How great will it be to walk out to the garden for fresh herb     
when we are cooking!?!


The beds are filling out so much! We may have to change our layout next year, I have a feeling that once the cantaloupe grows in this front bed will be a tad-bit tight.


This next picture is obviously not of my garden, but my bedroom. I just put my pictures back up so I thought I would share them with you all. They are all photos that I have taken around my parents yard and the succulents were from the location of one of my best friend's wedding. It is so easy to make your own art! I just had these blown up (for super cheap) and framed them (which again can be done on the cheap, think thrift stores).
 Today's plan to cope with the heat:
Iced tea and pineapple, yum! Even the dog is joining in on the cool down, after a short time playing outside she is happily chomping down on a nice, cold piece of ice (her favorite on a hot day). Hope your summer stays cool and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment