Sunday, May 29, 2011

Backwards in High Heels

Right now this is one of my favorite books, I started reading it months ago and the typical "life's too busy" got in the way of my continuing. I just picked it back up and can't for the life of me understand why I let myself put it down. Tania Kindersley and Sarah Vine are two wonderfully intellectual and hilarious British ladies and with a chapter titled "Philosophy of Life, Self-Esteem, and the Whole Damn Thing" what's not to love. Although most stores would sell it in the Self Help section, it is not a book that you buy when life is falling apart and you need someone to tell you the way, it addresses everything from money, beauty, politics and sex and is a wonderfully entertaining and supportive look at being a woman and all that life brings with it. I have to admit that I often judge a book by it's cover and in this instance the whimsical artwork on the cover and throughout the book as well as the wonderful title "Backwards in High Heels - The Impossible Art of Being Female" won my heart, and rightfully so as the content more then matches.
If you have any book recommendations, I am always in the market for a good read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment